Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Status of mLAN or similar?

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 22:58:29 EET

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:18:23AM -0700, seablade@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Heh I really should get my head checked, my memory is going on me, so yea I
> looked into NetJack, it is for Linux;) So if the author is reading this I
> may be able to give you some feedback soon on if it works crossplatform(x86
> Linux to PPC Mac).
>
> However is there a way to get more than a stereo pair going back and forth,
> or am I limited in that function for right now?
>
> Seablade

robert jonssen has a mac and implemented the endianess stuff.
my current work in cvs does not convert everything. i will fix this
soon. but i am focussing on getting the transport sync between the hosts
working.

it is definitely a goal to make it work cross platform.

because i intend to make some jam session with a friend of mine who will
return in january to germany....

in the mean time i need testers who verify cross-platform.

and yes you are currently limited to 2 channels because stupid me
hardcoded the 2 in some places i did not tidy up yet.
but if you use 100mbit 4 channels should be possible without any
drawbacks.

step by step. i dont have much spare time :(

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language