Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA, GUIs, OSC and LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:59:06 EET

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 02:01:57 +1100, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-16-11 at 21:40 +0100, Luis Garrido wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am working on a GUI designing tool for LADSPA/DSSI around Qt
> > designer. The idea is to extend the DSSI gui concept to LADSPA (OSC
> > control included) and provide a skinnable tool to manually design
> > GUIs. I plan also to include some user interaction enhancements.
>
> ... you do realize that DSSI pretty much _IS_ OSC using GUIs bolted on
> to LADSPA plugins, right? :)

Right infact several of the DSSI hosts will also host LADSPA plugins with
UIs. It was part of my agenda to sneak defacto LADSPA UIs in by the
backdoor when we designed DSSI.

BTW there is nothing specifically Graphical about the UI spec, it could
just as easily be used to write control interfaces that use motories fader
boxes, braile terminals, and any other i/o device. Voice controlled
effects anyone ;)

- Steve