Re: [linux-audio-dev] xruns

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 14:47:26 EET

> its worth trying. a better start is to check if the xruns go away or
> occur less frequently with a larger buffer size.

I even got good results by disabling some hardware (there have been some
shared IRQs on my system).

cat /proc/interrupts

will show you more details. I disabled the nvidia driver and enabled the
x-org nv driver. This did help a lot because the nvidia driver shared
interrupt 11 with the USB controller (I'm running JACK on top of a USB
soundcard).

Best regards

    ce

»Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen« (Helmut Schmidt)