Re: [linux-audio-dev] NPTL jack+ardour: large memlock required

From: Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 01:36:57 EET

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:10:05 +1030 (CST)
> Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > One thing I will try next is recompiling ardour; perhaps there's something
> > funny there. In any case though, does any of this ring a bell with anyone?
>
> Did you try the --unlock jack switch?

I tried this over the weekend. It didn't help; with the mlock rlimits reset
to 20MB jack couldn't start. With a 40MB mlock limit jack started but then
ardour couldn't load projects due to the thread call failing. In other words,
this flag has made no practical difference to the situation.

Regards
  jonathan

--
* Jonathan Woithe    jwoithe@email-addr-hidden                        *