[linux-audio-dev] Replacement for my M-Audio Audiophile USB

From: Richard Smith <smithbone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 17:18:14 EET

After several frustrating weeks playing with my Audiophile USB I'mgoing to punt and get something else.
For the archives: ALSA users interested in high-end capture should_not_ buy this device.(FWIW it sucks in windows too)
- Its only a USB 1.1 device and 24bit 96k is half-duplex only.- Its (almost) S24_3BE so you have to use plughw or jackd has to bepatched to use it. I say almost because the few times I did get thecard to record something I had to reorder the byte data to get it notto sound like white noise.- As of ALSA 1.0.10 capture is broken.
So I'm looking for a replacement. I bought this card because it had areally good recording specs (I just missed the half-duplex part) and Idont' need a pro-multi channel since all I'm tyring to do is recordLPs to CD.
Can someone recommend a 24bit 96kHz full-duplex card that they thinkhas good enough recording specs for LP's that not going to cause me topull all my hair out trying to work with ALSA.
--Richard A. Smith