Re: [linux-audio-dev] Cross compiling the kernel

From: Richard Smith <smithbone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 01:50:10 EET

> Thanks, it looks like this will work. Unfortunately gcc-4.0-x86-64 +> deps are an 80MB download but I guess that's better than nothing. I'm> still disgusted at having to use third party .debs to accomplish> something so utterly trivial.
This is kinda getting OT. But why do you think its "utterly trivial?"
Also I found this on the Debian AMD64 page
---Minimalistic AMD64 runtime support for i386
The official i386 distribution actually includes minimalistic AMD64support, consisting of a 64bit kernel, gcc-3.4 able to create 64bitbinaries and the amd64-libs package to run third-party amd64 binarieswith native shared libraries.---
So somebody thinks Debian proper can do this. Try installing thegcc-3.4 package and see if it works.
--Richard A. Smith