[linux-audio-dev] Jackd and cards with multiple PCM interfaces

From: Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 03:40:42 EET

Hi all

I am currently working on an ALSA driver enhancement for a card which
actually contains two seemingly sample-locked ADCs. I'm making the second
ADC accessable via a second PCM interface attached to the card.

In general things work fine - under OSS emulaion I can open both (one as
/dev/dsp, the other as /dev/adsp). However, jackd doesn't seem to know
or care about the second pcm interface on the card and I can't find any
obvious way to tell jack about it. It seems suitable entries in .asoundrc
might help but it's not clear to me that this will work without xruns
(see http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php).

Can jackd work with multiple PCMs from the same card, and if so, what's the
best way?

Regards
  jonathan