[linux-audio-dev] Re: playing ascii?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 16:43:33 EET

> So first conceptually how can this be acheived?
>
> Can I use a preexisting text editor such as VIM, Emacs or Jedit or
> must I create my own to acheive this?
>
> What libs scripts apps would help ease the implementation of the
> above.
>
> Is this a reasonable feature to hope to implement? And if it isn't,
> how could it be done anyways.

Sounds like an interesting project, both for writing lyrics and
singing along. I'm pretty sure something like this would be doable
interfacing with emacs or you could include the ktext widget in your
app, i.e the one from kate, etc. It's designed to be embedded and
might do the job, but i don't know how scriptable it is.

Loki