Re: [linux-audio-dev] Merging digital sampling sessions

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 21:01:25 EET

Tim Orford <tim@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> xruns?

None.

> do you still get the clicks when the card is in loop-back mode?

I think, occasionally. This can also partly (though not completely)
be a problem of the signal source. Whatever the source of the
problem, it would be easy enough to rectify it using multiple passes.

>> So there is already something going on which I don't understand. In
>> "crackle mode", there is basically just noise, but the noise level is
>> correlated with the amplitude of the sound source.
>
> This sounds like you might possibly be a victim of a known bug on
> this hardware. Try changing the "IEC958 In Phase Inverse" switch.

Of course, I tried that. IIRC it might possibly changes the overall
sound of the noise, but does not change it from being noise. And once
the card is in working mode, I don't think it makes a difference.

>> So what would one actually have to do to have the "incoming spdif
>> clock" respected?
>
> There is nothing to set on this card. It automatically syncs to the
> incoming spdif when this input is selected.

Ok, thanks.