[linux-audio-dev] High-order Ambisonic coder/decoder in JACK/LDASPA?

From: Asbjørn Sæbø <asbjs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 17:56:04 EET

Some colleauges of mine do need a tool for coding and decoding of
high-order Ambisonic for their research. They are aiming for seventh
order, played back over sixteen loudspeakers. They are now planning to
implement this, using either JACK or LADSPA.

As I have some experience with linux audio, I got involved. So I am
seeking some advice and answers here. The first thing I would like to
know is: Does anything like this already exist?
(I think there are some LDASPA plugins for Ambisonic, but I am not aware
of how high order these are.)

Secondly, what would be the better choice, JACK or LADSPA? We are
probably going to need som GUI on it, to configure the thing. And we
would like to have the flexibility to alter the coding/decoding
coefficients, turn on/off some filtering and so on.

With kind regards
Asbjørn