[linux-audio-dev] Re: [SoX-users] Trimming silence

From: David Kastrup <dak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 02:58:03 EET

tom christie <christie.tom@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> I've written a little template program that just reads from one
> audio file and writes to another, using the sox library stlib.a.
> It's pretty simple to change it to do what you want.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I still think that the code of the sox
executable should be able to trim just zeros at least at the start of
the file, and that the docs are hard to understand and missing stuff,
but there is nothing except list the complaints that I feel capable of
doing. I strongly suspect that the code does something different from
what it is supposed to do, but I find it impossible to figure out what
it is supposed to do, either. So I might be wrong about that.