[linux-audio-dev] VST + Linux tutorial final update

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 16:45:22 EET

Greetings:

  Last month I updated the VST/Linux tutorial at
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/vst-plugins/. Due to
circumstances, the updated page has only recently gone on-line, but no
further material needed to be added.

  Please note that this update is the last that will be done for that
tutorial. As you can read on the updated page, I now feel that the FST
and DSSI projects are the currently preferred solutions for using
VST/VSTi plugins under Linux. Both systems are easy to build and use, so
I'll leave further explication to the developers of those projects.

  I suppose at some point someone should add some material regarding the
use of VST plugins with Ardour, but it should really go on the Ardour
wiki (or maybe it is already there?).

  Thanks to Patrick Shirkey for hosting this tutorial on his djcj site.

Best regards,

dp