Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio/Midi system - RT prios..

From: Ralf Beck <musical_snake@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 21:54:53 EET

> higher priority thread can interrupt lower priority threads. What do
> you gain if the soundcard can interrupt the jack thread? I believe
> it does not matter.

For proper midi handling, all threads, irq and user, related to midi should
have a higher
priority than that of the jack thread(s).

Suppose a jack thread is running and your midiin device irq comes in but not
through,
because the device's irq thread has lower priority and does not get
scheduled!

Ralf