[linux-audio-dev] MIDI library

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 00:08:11 EET

Hi all,

I am new to this list, living in Switzerland and working mainly with
electronic. I have done it was some time ago a monophonic realtime note
recognition software on an embeded dsp56k system and I want to adapt it
to linux.

It will take some time to me to do that because I know almost nothing
about c and c++ programming, as about the alsa and jack libraries. But I
know my algorytm, and it is working just fine on my dsp.

The latency is very low, 1+(~1/4) period of the sound, the (~1/4) term
depend of the harmonic content of the sound. I believe
at it is worth to do a jack-alsa software with it.

A gui will be needed, giving the possibility to change, save and recall
some parameters of the recognition loop on an per instrument basis.

Can you recommand me a good, and if possible simple to use and fast,
MIDI library? I will use only basic functionalities as the possibility
to send MIDI notes to the sound server.

Ciao,
Dominique