Re: [linux-audio-dev] xt2 coming to linux

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 17:13:50 EET

On Friday 27 Jan 2006 14:57, Michael Bohle wrote:
> Sorry for this harsh words: dssi-vst needing very old wine for compiling
> and there is no development happens since long time.
> The "bugs" are mostly because of missing impelentations of some vst
> standards like sync to host or heavy freezes when activating any kind of
> midi learn within the vst.

Fixes, including build fixes, are always welcome. So are specific examples of
VST features that would be useful. Some VST features don't map well onto
DSSI at all (e.g. I haven't yet thought of a good way of handling VST chunks:
any ideas welcome) but others aren't there just because I haven't found the
time to deal with them.

> But anyway, VST on Linux is dead now, beause most of the user are not
> able to compile it for themself. Thats pity, what can we do now?

Distribute binaries of dssi-vst. That's one reason it exists in the first
place. It won't solve all your problems, but it's better than nothing.

Honestly, none of this is news. Even the jacklab.net site itself makes
reference to the licensing problem... at the same time as ignoring it.

Chris