[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [Ann] Shelljam 0.0.2 MIDI keyboard

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 18:03:48 EET

Hi Sam! Thank you for using Shelljam. This is my first Open Source
project and I am very excited about having users!

> I had to add alsa to the list of libraries in the SConstruct to make
> it compile.

Now why could that be... Which operating system are you using?

> Unfortunately the program locks up my Xsession. It does
> send midi events when I press the keys of my keyboard though...

Please see the on-line manual; you're probably talking about the
looks-like-a-crash-but-is-safe window. It's a stub for until I get round
to coding a proper UI. The program is designed to take full control of
the keyboard and mouse so you don't accidentally switch tasks while
playing. A key combination is used for quitting that is unlikely to be
hit accidentally: Press and hold the ESC key, then press the return key.

I'm happy you got it to run!

Carlo