[linux-audio-dev] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 23:01:48 EET

Pete Bessman:

> Well, I'm about to crack open a can of worms, but let me just say that
> I'm 100% not interested in starting any debates/fights/riots/states-of-
> emergency. All I'm interested in is hearing where people stand and why
> --- I don't want to persuade people one way or the other, and I'd like
> to ask that everyone restrain themselves when feeling the urge to tell
> someone that they're wrong.

<snip>

Well, if you find windows software better suited for your needs, you
should definitely go windows. Music is what we work for, right?
But please, IMO, don't pay for any non-open source software. There are
lots of excellent p2p tools you can use to get the software you need.
Please don't support makers of non-open source software.