[linux-audio-dev] Re: Karlsruhe

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 08:30:11 EET

On 2/27/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> So it looks like I may be at LAC2006. I was thinking of bringing my SO
> and spending a few days sightseeing after the conference, since we've
> never been to Germany. Any recommendations for interesting stuff to do
> in the area? We are into nature hikes, history, good restaurants -
> pretty boring actually ;-)
>
> Lee

www.bahn.de is probably the best getting around tip anyone can give you.

The fairytail castle schloss neu schwanstein is about 5 hours train
from there, it's a big tourist attraction and really does look pretty
awesome from the outside. Lots of good hiking/bush walking (what the
hell is this word in en_UK or en_US?) Every city in that area has city
forests that are quite nice for a walk in. Signage is limited to
non-existant though. The black forest is worth a good look, very
pretty. Bikes are a great way to get round if you are into that kind
of thing. Lake Constance (bodensee) is 4 hours train south of there
and is a really wonderful lake to swim in, and walk around. For a
real taste of germany try a doener kebab (and baklava). Dirt cheap and
fantastically tasty, unlike all the other food in southern germany.
For local dishes try Spätzle and Maultaschen.