Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack.udp and synchronisation

From: Asbjørn Sæbø <asbjs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 16:02:28 EET

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 07:22:44PM +0100, torbenh@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> [...]

> http://netjack.sourceforge.net is there to fill this gap...

Thanks!

I read the README and had a look at the source, but I have not fully
understood it. I am especially interested in how you keep the two parts
synchronized.

It is said that jack_net is a backend that "takes on the role of a sound
card". Does this mean that this "virtual soundcard" will govern the
clock frequency with which jack is running? And is this the means by
which the two jacks is synchronised? (I.e., that the second jack is
governed by the rate with which data arrives over the network?)

There is also an alsa_client, which does some resampling, it seems. Is
this used as part of the synchronisation?

With kind regards
Asbjørn