Re: [linux-audio-dev] Measuring playback and capture quality.

From: James Courtier-Dutton <James@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 08 2006 - 22:09:49 EEST

fons adriaensen wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 05:17:14PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any linux tools out there that will sample the line in, and
>> display a detailed spectrum scope of the detected sound?
>>
>> E.g.
>> http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/ct462048/SNR_LB_FS.gif
>>
>> Eventually I wish to send a test signal from one sound card to another
>> and compare the frequency response/noise etc. of the line input of the card.
>
> For 'technical' measurements: JAAA
> For 'musical' measurements: JAPA
>
> Both at <http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxaudio>
>
> The JAAA release is quite old now and shows it. Improved looks version soon.
> Don't forget the shared libs at the bottom of the page.

Neither of those applications work.
I have ardour working fine with stereo in/stereo out.

jaaa -J seems to talk to jack, but does not capture or play any sound.
jaaa -A fails to even open the alsa device.

jdelay also does not work. Responding with "Signal below threshold..."

Have these application actually been tested with jackd recently?

James