Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] How do GUI-libs notify the program of changes?

From: Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 12:50:29 EEST

> Well this sounds good, but I want it to do the "standard-API"- and
> mechanism-way. I want it to be easy for programmers to use the CUI library. I
> don't know will this still be ok with OSC as communication?

No matter what tech you use, you'll need:
1) communicational channel
2) message creation/parsing
3) message routing (handling)

Yes, you may use FIFO's (pipes) with standard POSIX API's as a
channel, and write messaging stuff yourself. But unless you have very
specific requirements, you'll end up writing liblo equivalent. With
the exception that you'll have to write and support it yourself.

Use liblo, it's easy.
Even if you choose to drop it, this experience will help.

Regards,

Dmitry.