Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.6.2

From: <andersvi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 17:47:13 EEST

>>> "P" == Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> writes:
P>
P> On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 17:45 -0700, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>> The biggest thing about this release of Snd-ls is probably that the
>> rt-player is enabled by default. The rt-player is an alternative player
>> engine for SND that plays soundfiles using the rt-extension and reads data
>> from disk through a buffer. The result is less clicks, and more channels
>> can be played safely at once.
P>
P> just think, if this had been in place 4 years ago, ardour's editor would
P> have been snd-as-embedded-widget. good? bad? you tell me ;)

It would make for an extremely powerful and flexible audio
environment with a fast interface. Might we hope?

Talking about fate and hope and such: an import/export of
suitable versions of ardours playlists (timed objects) in ardour
would be great to interface it cleanly to tools like CM. An
"object" would consist of time, source, region, route'gain
automation-data, everything making up a regions situation in a
mix.