Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2 decision points

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 22:05:18 EEST

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 11:56 -0700, thockin@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 02:22:09PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > > B) RDF syntax: RDF/Turtle seems a lot more popular in these parts than
> > > RDF/XML. We could mandate Turtle for all LADSPA metadata.
> >
> > Personally I think it's ugly and strange and arbitrary and just weird
> > all around, but whatever. I don't really care. :)
>
> I've not made time for audio software much this past year, so discount me
> if you will, but I agree. I just don't see the point of metadata outside
> the plugin. I just don't get it.

nonono :) I think metadata outside the plugin is without a doubt the
right way to go. I meant I'm just not a huge fan of the particular
syntax of this Turtle stuff (as opposed to normal well-formed XML).
Mostly because it means we need special tools and who knows what
libraries to deal with it.

-DR-