Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2 decision points

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 23:32:39 EEST

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 03:05:18PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> nonono :) I think metadata outside the plugin is without a doubt the
> right way to go. I meant I'm just not a huge fan of the particular
> syntax of this Turtle stuff (as opposed to normal well-formed XML).
> Mostly because it means we need special tools and who knows what
> libraries to deal with it.

you cant usefully read RDF/XML with just an XML parser anyway. It's quite
a lot of work to transform from the XML tree to the RDF graph.

But yes, Turtle support is less widespeard than RDF/XML, but there are
still Free/Open parsers for every language I can think of (C(++), perl,
java, python, ruby, javascript, etc.)

- Steve