Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Repository

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 23:56:45 EEST

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Here are the main concerns for me at this point:

- Can we force a central repository on developers. Would developers
support a Firefox style plugin portal? The site will fail if it requires
manual updating by the site maintainer. The onus would have to be on
each developer to update and add to the repository as they create or
update their code.

- Could we automate the xml schema to remove that hassle for developers?
   This would allow changes to be made to the schema without requiring
manual updates for every plugin.

- I think the most effective way to manage and package the repository
would be if each plugin was catalogued independantly. This would allow
for a single package to be created using one install procedure. We could
even go further and provide a daemon/app that could install/update
plugins as they are added to the repository.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.