Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

From: Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 02:10:34 EEST

> I'm going to assume this is a shot at me for rather obvious reasons.

No, I was more thinking in Phil Frost's contribution to this
discussion (contribution that I find very interesting and pertinent,
but as a musician I am not interested in LADSPA becoming another low
level LEGO api to build modular synths, there are already some good
solutions to that problem).

> *sigh* someone just had to do it, didn't they?

GUIs appeared in the thread long before my post.

> LAD_S_PA2 is not going to have GUIs. http://dssi.sf.net. Enjoy.

I am well aware of that. Thanks for the pointer, anyway.

http://flam.sf.net

But still there are some parts of LADSPA that have to provide
information for effective (auto)building of GUIs.

> Now can we please have a productive discussion about fixing very real
> problems with LADSPA without /that/ *&%$% topic ruining everything, yet
> again, thanks?

My apologies for bothering you. I will just return silently to my
playground and let the real men do the real stuff.

Peace,

Luis