Re: [linux-audio-dev] Update to LADSPA 2 strawman

From: Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 16:29:31 EEST

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 at 11:28 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> I've added the port shortnames (ladspa:shortname). This is still tentative
> in my mind, but as long as it doesn't cause any serious objections it will
> stay.
>
> Following a suggestion from Richard Furze I've removed the LADSPA_Data
> type and replaced it with void. The ports are datatyped in the data, but
> currently only ladspa:float is supported. I have misgivings about this,
> but it seems like a good way to open up to more datatypes in the future.
>
> I'd hate to see a future where there are plugins for translating between
> different kinds of boring PCM data, that would suck, but this could allow

Hmm, well couldn't we have one libsndfile plugin that can convert
between whatever common boring PCM formats you like? I haven't looked
closely at the ladspa2 stuff yet - is it possible to change these port
types at runtime, if so the libsndfile plugin would only need an input
and an output...

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach