Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

From: Leonard \ <paniq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 21:04:35 EEST

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 06:48 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > if it never refuses then its ok with me ;)
>
> It's certainly allowed to refuse, it would just be bad manners, unless the
> host has ignored the required features list.

so required features have to be checked on both sides. isn't that
redundant?

furthermore, surely there are other reasons why instantiation could
fail. how can the host determine the reason for which a plugin refused
to instantiate?

> thats platform specific though, seems like the plugins shouldn't be full
> of #ifdef WIN32 ... code.

yes, of course, that would be nonsense. but in case there is a posix
equivalent, it will be available on win32 as well. but i dont know
anything more about this.

> > alternatively the host could be required to chdir to the bundle folder
> > before the plugin is being instantiated?
>
> Thats likely to cause all manner of excitement.

the erotic kind of excitement? ;)

--
-- leonard "paniq" ritter
-- http://www.mjoo.org