Re: [linux-audio-dev] n00b friendly latency tester

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 06:54:15 EEST

On Saturday, 6. May 2006 01:06, Lee Revell wrote:
> After some discussions at LAC I think a user friendly latency tester is
> needed so users have an easy way to test a setup, something better than
> than just installing apps and being mystified when they get tons of
> xruns.

I think that would be very useful. Exactly what kind of latencies would
this tool measure?

> The backend is trivial (there are a bunch of similar little tools out
> there), but I'm not a GUI person. Would anyone like to help design and
> implement this? Since time is money ;-) a simple Gnome and/or KDE
> front end would be the easiest way to start, and of course there should
> be a separation between the GUI and the back end so anyone can
> implement a leaner version if they want to. Anyone want to help with
> the GUI side?

To me the GUI appears a lot more trivial than the backend :) So I'd like
to offer my help writing a GTK frontend (steering clear of any particular
Gnome/KDE dependencies).

Are you going to make a fully functional command line version?

    Dominic