Re: [linux-audio-dev] This weeks changes to LV2 (née LADSPA2) strawman examples

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 10:29:33 EEST

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:59:12 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 10:12 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa2/
> >
> > Changed name of the port shortname property to "symbol", which hopefully
> > implies more the right thing.
> >
> > Added Rate before Control and Audio port names to hopefully make thier
> > menaing clearer for people who may not come from a LADSPA background.
> >
> > This is just fiddling really, so I think it's starting to settle down.
>
> (I've got a working Jack host that successfully runs the example Amp
> plugin on Jack audio)
>
> Couple of things that need fixing:
>
> - Typo in amp.ttl line 61:
> "ladspa:OuputAudioRatePort"
> -> "ladspa:OutputAudioRatePort"X

Thanks, done.

> - I think ladspa:scalePoint (while a good idea) shouldn't be in the spec
> as it's a new feature. It belongs in the (discussed) units extension.

It's not actually a new feature, it was present in LADSPA RDF
descriptions: http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/metadata/swh-scales.rdf and
liblrdf. I don't think it's related to units as it deals in numerical port
values, rather than real-world values. But that's splitting semantic
hairs.

The same goes for the classification stuff, which was the main reason
users wanted RDF support from hosts for LADSPA, AFAICT.

- Steve