Re: [linux-audio-dev] IR FFT smoothing

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 19:03:54 EEST

======= On Saturday 24 June 2006 19:30, Fons Adriaensen wrote: =======
Lowpass (linear phase) filtering of the response. Or windowing the
IR which is equivalent.

If you window the IR, you get a constant resolution over the
entire range of the FR. To get a variable rate such as 1/3 oct,
you need frequency dependent windowing - the window gets shorter
as frequency rises. It's not easy to do right (one of the reasons
why aliki still isn't finished).

IIRC DRC can produce such plots if you ask it nicely.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano e' questo!