Re: [linux-audio-dev] ieee1394 deadlock on RT kernels

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 22:05:28 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:51 +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>>
>> Of course. My monday-morning bad temper is over by now, and I hope I
>> didn't transfer it to any of you. I'll provide the panic, one way or
>> another.
>>

> Can you reproduce the problem on a non-RT kernel?

No, it only occurs with RT kernels, and only with those configured for
PREEMPT_RT. If I use PREEMPT_DESKTOP, there is no problem. (with
threaded IRQ's etc... only switched over the preemption level in the
kernel config).

I've uploaded the photo's of the panic here:
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/old/img_3378.jpg (without flash)
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/old/img_3377.jpg (with flash)

both are of suboptimal quality unfortunately, but all info is readable
on one or the other.

Greets & thanks,

Pieter