Re: [linux-audio-dev] fst, VST 2.0, kontakt

From: Robert Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 13:57:52 EEST

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:52:30PM -0700, Thomas Vecchione wrote:

> At least that is my understanding of all of this. As such if all
> projects involved were licensed under the LGPL ... [ Long discussion
> of relicensing ]

[ Hello all. Yes, I am still alive :) ]

The issue here is that Mr Bond wants a sampler like Kontakt that works
with Linux audio systems and saves its state. The best way to achieve
that is to work on a free alternative, eg, Linux Sampler. Comparing
that with flogging yourself trying to get licenses changed for the sole
purpose of hacking up some VST niceness, and the alternative seems a
lot simpler and a lot more productive.

Forest, you might reconsider your decision that fst has the most
long-term potential and check out Linux Sampler instead; specifically
QSampler.

Bob