Re: [linux-audio-dev] fst, VST 2.0, kontakt

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 20:48:50 EEST

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 10:28 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 15:51 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:

> > > According to this URL
> > >
> > > http://cvs.linuxsampler.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linuxsampler/src/Sampler.cpp?rev=1.28&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> > >
> > > I have permission to use that particular file under the GPL, or (at my
> > > option) any later version. Looking through a few other files and I see
> > > I have the same permissions for those. Seems to be open source *and*
> > > free software *and* released under the GPL *and* free-as-in-beer.
> > >
> > > *shrug*
> >
> > Definitely, at the end of the day there is no way in hell their
> > "exception" would hold up in court, since they basically just mention it
> > in passing on the web page.
>
> Nope, it is (or at least was the last time I checked) mentioned in the,
> I think, README file in the tarballs, up to and including 0.3.3.

So I exxaggerated. :)

But like Bob said, the above link points to a file that clearly says
right in it that it's licensed under the GPL (v2 or later). There's a
similar link for every other file in LS, provided by the LS people
themselves.

So, if you want a fully GPLed version of CVS LS, just go through and
download every file with those links and you've got it.

-DR-