Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Trying to build Om,

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 10:34:24 EEST

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 20:41 -0700, Stephen Cameron wrote:

> --- Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > > libgnomecanvasmm,
> > > > >
> > > http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgnomecanvasmm/2.6/
> > >
> > > Nevermind, I found binary RPMs that seem to work.
> > > Sorry about making this noise on the list.
> > >
> > > -- steve
> > >

> > Hearing some noise about anyone trying to use smack/om is a good thing
>
> Yeah, I know what you mean. Sourceforge reports over 1000 downloads of
> my gneutronica, but I have about 2 people I know of who I know have actually
> attempted to use it. I find myself wondering if the other 998 are just
> robots that download whatever appears on sourceforge. I have gotten zero
> contributions in terms of code or even bug reports... on the bright side,
> I've had to deal with zero bug reports, or patches that don't work or are
> otherwise insane, LOL.
>
> Well, I can hardly complain about lack of code contributions. Before
> I started this, I looked instead to try to make Hydrogen do what I wanted,
> but there was so much code, and it was so incomprehensible and foreign
> to me, it was easier to just write my own, and, doing that allowed me to
> learn as I went, at my own pace, so it has been satisfying, even if I am
> the only real user of my program.
>
> > ;) I am sorry about the some what limited smack docs.... If you have
> > any probs feel free to ask. If you find any solutions feel free to put
> > them on the smack or om wiki ;)
>
> Actually, the binary rpms I found didn't work out after all.
> They allowed me to build everything, but...
>
> I tried to start om_gtk... First it complained about not being able to find
> libgnomecanvasmm.2.6.so.1, so, try (in /usr/lib)
>
> ln -s libgnomecanvasmm-2.6.so.1.0.1 libgnomecanvasmm-2.6.so.1
>
> Now, it complains...
>
> [scameron@email-addr-hidden ~]$ om_gtk
> [StateManager] Unable to open settings file /home/scameron/.omgtkrc
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `focus_on_map' for class `gtkmm__GtkWindow'
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `ellipsize' for class `gtkmm__GtkLabel'
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `width_chars' for class `gtkmm__GtkLabel'
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `single_line_mode' for class
> `gtkmm__GtkLabel'
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `angle' for class `gtkmm__GtkLabel'
> (om_gtk:2173): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `ellipsize' for class `gtkmm__GtkLabel'
>
> And finally, it dies with a bunch of crap like this:
>
> ** (om_gtk:2173): CRITICAL **: Gnome::Glade::Xml::get_widget(): dynamic_cast<> failed.
>
> So I guess I don't yet have the right libgnomecanvasmm,
> or libglade*so* or something for Fedora Core 3...

Looks like your GTK/GTKmm version is too old. (Actually since you're
using FC3, I'd bet the farm on it. A while back some crazy idiot
complained about my dependency on a Gtk version that'd been out as a
stable release for almost 2 years because Fedora was so on the
ball... :) )

The configure script should have stopped you from building it though,
odd. What version of gtkmm?

-DR-