Re: [linux-audio-dev] realtimeness: pthread_cond_signal vs. pipe write

From: Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 12:15:58 EEST

Le 13 juil. 06 à 02:24, Stefan Westerfeld a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:20:40AM +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 00:26 +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>>> I wrote a
>>> little test which repeatedly switches between two threads, which
>>> wakeup
>>> eachother using a pipe, cond or semaphore.
>>
>> Nice :) Can you upload it somewhere?
>
> Yes, you can get it here:
>
> http://space.twc.de/~stefan/download/thread_switch_benchmark.tar.bz2
>
> Originally I didn't write the code with the idea in mind that others
> may want to use it, without having beasts birnet library available.
> But
> I did some slightly hackish things to make it (hopefully) self-
> contained
> now.
>
> Cu... Stefan
> --

There is code for real-time IPC in Jackdmp (http://www.grame.fr/
~letz/jackdmp.html)

- FIFO in JackFifo.cpp,h files

- POSIX semaphore in JackPosixSemaphore.cpp,h files

- Mach semaphore (OSX) in JackMachSemaphore.cpp,h files

- Event (Windows) in JackWinEvent.cpp,h files

Also code for timing bench in testSynchroClient.cpp,
testSynchroServer.cpp and testSynchroServerClient.cpp

Stephane