Re: [linux-audio-dev] crossplatform atomics

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 19:32:17 EEST

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 17:13 +0200, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a cross-platform implementation of an atomic
> integer.
>
> Under Linux, a build an c++ class "atomic" around asm/atomic.h,
> (which I can use as if it where an int), but I'd like to have a
> solution that also works on Windows XP and Mac OS X.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> Maarten

Reviving an ancient thread, but has anyone looked at this?
http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/atomic_ops/

It's pretty robust by the looks of it, nicely autotoolized, portable (to
various compilers and architechtures).

You can even apt-get install lib-atomicops-dev (in sid at least)

Looks like exactly what I've been looking for...

-DR-