Re: [linux-audio-dev] light C++ set for WAV

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 22:22:46 EEST

Dirk,

I'm afraid I have an appetite to work with long files also.

======= On Thursday 13 July 2006 23:11, Dirk Jagdmann wrote: =======
> Libsndsfile is plain C, but will do what you want without any fuss.
> You could write a WAV specific C++ wrapper on top of this in a few minutes.

libsndfile is superb, but sometimes you don't want to link against
external libraries in your code. I have some structs/classes which I use
if in-memory-handling of wav files is sufficient. You can have a look at
them at:
http://cubic.org/~doj/ebay/wav.tar.gz

If you have to handle large files you should go the libsndfile way.