Re: [linux-audio-dev] light C++ set for WAV

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 23:48:13 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:56:58PM +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
>
> > I mean some minimal C++ class set like: WavFile, WavHeader, WavFrame with
> > few apparent methods (open/close, read/write frame(s)).
>
> Libsndsfile is plain C, but will do what you want without any fuss.
> You could write a WAV specific C++ wrapper on top of this in a few minutes.

I have for some time been looking for someone to write a
lightweight C++ wrapper for libsndfile that I can distribute
with libsndfile.

My own rather feeble first attempt is here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/sndfile.hh

but I am not a fan nor a great user of C++. The wrapper should
really be written by someone with a love for the language.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
"An older MS internal whitepaper from August 2000 on switching
Hotmail, which MS acquired in 1997, from front-end servers
running FreeBSD and back-end database servers running Solaris
to a whole farm running Win2K, reads like a veritable sales
brochure for UNIX"
-- http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/28226.html