Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Hello and Python bindings for LADSPA

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 17:44:46 EEST

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 15:38 +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> > It does "just work", you just get generic GUIs instead of
> > plugin-specific ones.
>
> But surely the GUI is bound to a certain list of plugins. So, when we
> get LADSPA support in Jokosher, because we need to make the GUI for
> the plugins, we need to basically decide on a list of included plugins
> and create the GUIs.

No, why? You generate the GUIs at runtime - if you load a plugin that
has 4 "boolean" parameters you add 4 checkboxes or levers or whatever
you have to your plugin GUI, and if you load a plugin that has a single
parameter bounded between 0 and 6 you create a slider that slides from 0
to 6 and add it to your plugin GUI.

> Oh, and I read that someone was working on an XML DTD for plugin GUIs
> - what is the current progress on this? I could not find anything out
> about it on the LADSPA site.

I don't know anything about that. You could try searching this list or
LAD.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E