Re: [linux-audio-dev] LV2 Turtle requirement

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 01:12:19 EEST

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 05:52:15PM +0000, carmen wrote:
> > you hope not what? it just seems like Turtle should be developers choice, and the format in the .bundle should be more standard - even Firefox can parse RDF/XML out of the box. the vast majority of the cool tools like Fresnel/Protoge that some develoeprs might want to edit their schemas in, don't support Turtle as well, AFAIK..
>
> my main issue is the only RDF toolkit in Portage didnt properly include Turtle parsing. which means theres an even slimmer chance of such things existing in Debian, Fedora, etc. now i must investigate why this is the case.. on top of that, a lot of the ideas wrt interactive documentation (eg wiki-style annotations of what ports actually do, user presets, etc) on the web would be easier since RDF/XML is readily embeddable into XHTML. throwing a 'raptor blahblah.ttl > blahblah.xml' in a SConstruct is praobly easier than having to continually think about it on the server side (eg in PHP) or in JavaScript..

You can't "easily" embed RDF/XML into XHTML, you can use RDF/A or GRDDL,
but that's different. You can apply the same conversion argument just as
well the other way round. I have some PHP scripts that conneg LV2 turtle
files into HTML (still very primitive) or RDF/XML as required, it's not
exactly hard.

- Steve