Re: [linux-audio-dev] light C++ set for WAV

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 13:46:51 EEST

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:26:00 +0100
Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> > vote++, i never cared for the more java style methodName convention.
>
> I think if your class is named LikeThis, then your method should be
> named likeThat (Java-style). If your method is named like_this, then
> your class should be named like_that (STL-style). Either is fine,
> but don't mix your dialects.

Oh well, this is precisely what i do. For classes i use FooBar. For
Objects i use foo_bar. and for methods, it's foo_bar, too.

class FooBar {
        bool _yesno;

        public:
                FooBar (bool yesno) :
                        _yesno (yesno)
                {
                        // ...
                }

                void foo_my_bar (bool yesno)
                {
                        _yesno = yesno;
                }
};

int main () {
        FooBar foo_bar (false);
        foo_bar.foo_my_bar (true);
}

It just strikes some aesthetic nerve in me. And this is something you
just cannot argue about. So to each his own i say :) And no, usually i
seperate header and implementation, too ;)

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!