Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 22:07:12 EEST

On Friday 28 July 2006 14:24, Renich Bon Ćirić wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]
>Did I say that this was a secret project? I have sent the urls to the
>official Open Source initiative site and the forum where it all started.

>I will sent them again.
>
># Forum
>http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=54825
># Site
>http://www.woralelandia.com/openmpc/

Thanks.

>And of course it would be GPL, at least from our side and if Akai agrees
>to help, they would have to decide what kind of licence, still, I would
>fight for the GPL at all time.

Its YOUR project, YOU should set the license, and Akai can help, or not
help.

>Actually, I'm not a programmer or have any direct contact with Akai. I'm
>only trying to organize things. And I need collaborators!

Getting collaborators is going to be 10,000% easier if its GPL from the
gitgo.

And I still haven't found that rocker to sit in. Amanda and emc2 are taking
too much of my time. I build the daily snapshot of amanda and install it
for the upcoming nights backup run, and screech like a canary if it
upchucks, which it did last night. And emc2 seems to have lost its path
through the parport & doesn't run the motors with the most recent build.
And somewhere, I have to find the time to update 2 machines to FC5 or
kubuntu-6.06 here, this one from a considerably hacked up FC2, and my
firewall box from a heavily updated RH7.3, whose support officially ends
Dec 31.

I'll find that rocker someday & then you'll likely not have to put up with
me anymore. Till, then, we'll just keep on trying to 'git-r-done'. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: