[linux-audio-dev] Help needed: mpg123 lives!

From: Nicholas J Humfrey <njh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 17:51:58 EEST

Hi,

Thomas Orgis and myself have been doing some work on mpg123 and have
started a website and Subversion repository:

http://mpg123.orgis.org/

We have been rolling various patches into the new official code-base.
We have gained permission from Michael Hipp and all the contributors
to mpg123 to make all of the code LGPL licensed.

New features:
  - autoconf/automake based build system
  - support for more output methods (liboa, JACK, SDL, PortAudio,
CoreAudio)
  - more assembler optimizations (MMX, AltiVec, ...)
  - new equalizer code
  - experimental gapless playback

We are working towards a 0.60 stable version. After that version we
will be looking at more major changes to the code structure.

I have been trying to add ALSA 0.9/1.0 API support - but have been
having a few problems - is anyone able to help out?

Thanks,

nick.