[linux-audio-dev] 2.6.15.7-rt

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 02:20:54 EEST

I just upgraded my LFS 6.1 system from 2.6.12 (with preempt, but not the
-rt patch) to 2.6.15-rt (enabling high resolution timers and PREEMPT_RT
along the way), and now my audio driver is dropping interrupts every few
seconds, something it wasn't doing before.

I haven't configured rtlimits since the program runs as root anyway, and
I'd like it to be free to hog quite a lot if need be.

In my application (which runs in SCHED_FIFO), the audio thread runs at
-10, while the video thread runs at -19. I don't know if that is best,
I just wanted them to be higher than the other threads.

Also, outside forces, like a ssh connection, or a USB dongle connection
cause the program to drop audio madly. Is there some code I need to be
adding to force such system tasks down rather than just elevating my own
application?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@email-addr-hidden