Re: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux kernel HZ, audio latency and how to measure?

From: Mulyadi Santosa <a_mulyadi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 07:31:21 EEST

Hello...

> Ah, interesting. Thanks.
> I feel like I should have known that. I'm going to go read up on
> audio drivers now..

I also thank everyone who had given their thoughts and opinion. At least
you gave me clue on what is really going on in some audio applications.

I'll dig more about MIDI and possibly ask something about it in near
future.

Thanks a lot...

NB: Actually, I am going to write an article that analyze the effect of
kernel's HZ on real applications. So far, I rely on simulated load such
as by using Interbench (written by Con Kolivas), lmbench and so on.
Measuring the effect of HZ on real application is a new challenge for
me...

regards,

Mulyadi