Re: [linux-audio-dev] job offer... [Fwd: Algorithm Development Manager (Full-Time)]

From: David Olofson <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 01:06:16 EEST

On Friday 25 August 2006 19:24, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:11:53PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 17:02 +0000, carmen wrote:
> > > i guess everyone has to pay the rent somehow...but do a
> > > indeed/simplyhired search for linux audio, or similar. and check
> > > out the names of the top 10 entries....Sony, Avid, Qualcomm. id
> > > rather work at starbucks than give them more intellectual
> > > property :)
> >
> > thats pretty much what they did, in addition to sending to
> > linux-audio-announce. i know at least 6 people who got this (and
> > related) emails.
>
> 7. I'm not opposed to companies posting to l-a-a or l-a-d when they
> have relevent job openings, but this recruitment firm is spamming in
> my opinion.

Got one of those too. For a moment, I was actually wondering whether I
should take it seriously, or feel offended because some recruiter
that I've never heard of is trying to have me do work for free.

What really annoys me about these is that they're usually written to
give the impression of a personal message from someone who would know
what you're doing and what kind of social network you have. Sometimes
you can't really tell without reading the entire mail. "Did I meet
this person somewhere...? Is this someone I know from a mailing list
or something?"

There is quite enough noise as it is without these clever (and way too
often, successful) attempts to bypass the spam filters. :-(

.------- http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples -------.
| http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine |
| http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine |
| http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting |