[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] logomania redux

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 16:04:47 EEST

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 09:01:09AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Some are nice, some are very cool, and some are pretty awful. The logo
> for LilyPond really needs an update, and where is Ardour's bitchin' cool
> logo ?

You'll see it on sweatshirts, soon :)

> Some need titles (IMO), such as Aeolus, Common Music, LilyPond,
> ChucK, Dino, and Khagan. I'm not a graphic artist, and I'm not going to
> go through the process of overlaying titles. If the devs for those apps
> are happy with the logos, that's perfectly cool by me, but IMO it's
> better to have a title.

/me adds Khagan banner on todo. Proirity will increase, if Loki gets
back to coding ;)

> Some other logos are in need of an update, e.g. PlanetCCRMA, LAU, and
> RTcmix. Is Thorsten our only graphic artist, or does anyone else here
> have good graphics skills ?

I'm going to redo the LAD/LAU one for lad.linuxaudio.org, anyway.

The Gungirl banner freaks me out!

That page could look much better with same height for all ...
but yeah, I know it's unlikely to happen :)

--
Thorsten Wilms