Re: [linux-audio-dev] very nice looking HW

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 20:06:34 EEST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 06:55:22PM +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:30, nescivi wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:25, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:
> > > Any chance of this ever being supported in Linux ?
> > >
> > > http://www.marian.de/en/products/ucon_cx
> >
> > I believe they just need someone to write the drivers....
> >
> > they did not seem completely against Linux, when I talked to them on the
> > AES (for the second time..)...
>
> Would they be willing at all to pay for the development?

Probably not. And you need not only the driver, but also a
dedicated mixed app similar to hdspmixer. If I would be a
bit more familiar with USB and how things USB are done in
Linux, I'd probably be prepared to write a JACK backend for
this device. It's a 'pro' device anyway, so I wonder if an
ALSA driver is worth the effort.

--
FA
Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.