Re: [linux-audio-dev] recommend a card with the best SPDIF out

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 19:36:46 EEST

Frank,

Thanks! And which Audiophile do you mean? 2496 or 192?

Andrew

======= On Thursday 21 September 2006 19:35, Frank Barknecht wrote: =======
Hallo,
Andrew Gaydenko hat gesagt: // Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

> Lee, sorry, didn't understand 'function of the host OS and driver'
> (probably, my English isn't perfect :-)). As I understand a problem,
> for PCI case proper shielding, clean (on the card) power supply
> subcircuits and good generator are useful. For USB case - all these
> and syncing from *own* oscillator.

Forget about USB, unless you're forced to e.g. on a laptop.

For PCI cards, the M-Audio Delta cards are very good and not too
expensive. If you only need stereo, then the M-Audio Delta Audiophile
PCI is a very good and popular choice.

Ciao